• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

January Happenings (1 Viewer)

I haven't posted in a while, but so far this year I have had an astonishing amount lifers considering how many years I've been at this game. Here we go:

Short-tailed Hawk: one at Loxahatchee NWR, near West Palm Beach, in early January. Dark morph.
Rough-legged Hawk: second new hawk species of the year, and another dark morph bird. Vermont, late January.
Pine Grosbeak: the day after my 1st RLHA, in VT on Lake Champlain.
Northern Shrike: dodgy view from the road in VT. Day after 1st PIGR.
Townsend's Solitaire: after an aggrivating two previous tries, finally caught up with it for a few seconds on Long Island.
Scott's Oriole: the long-staying NYC bird. One of two SCORs on the east coast (the other is in the carolinas somewhere).

There hasn't been much non-twitching birding at all lately, so the only things of note were the Marsh Wrens and pintails I refound in early January for the (idle) yearlist and my first Eastern Screech-Owl in a long time upstate.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread