• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

John's Mammals 2021 (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

Now Scally has got the worst of a fight (well I haven't seen any such damage on any of my group in the last day or so): he's had a bite over his left eye and I'm not sure from the one photo I have whether the eye itself is damaged: certainly two canines have bitten right at the edge of the socket. He's been noticeably bad-tempered - I think that must be why.

I went out to peer at the moth trap late evening yesterday and had a quick scan of the wall above it in case anything was roosting there. At that moment Maz turned the bathroom light on and a bat that had been hanging up on the window frame let go and swooped towards me before zooming up over my head. I need to look more carefully in future!

John

Farnboro John

The foxes continue to turn up en masse every night. Patch is still hopping on three legs but can stand on four to eat, which is an improvement. Scally already seems absolutely fine after his face bite albeit even more battle-scarred than he already was with his scalloped ear.

Yesterday late evening I was leaving my brother's house in Fleet and found a Badger trundling about the end of the street, checking out the dog bowls from which the local foxes are fed each evening (Fleet is posher than Farnborough it seems!)

John

Farnboro John

An absolute pack of foxes present tonight with the four dogs and two vixens all around at the same time. I managed to feed everyone though each vixen got robbed at least once. Patch was much better using all four feet albeit a little tentatively and giving notice that he no longer feels vulnerable...

John

Users who are viewing this thread