• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Join the #BirdsSeenIn2024 challenge on twitter (X) (1 Viewer)

Dear all,

Since 2021, @Britnatureguide has organized a birding challenge on twitter! This is a wildlife and educational contest to share the bird biodiversity of the world.
Since 2024, I took over hosting the constest. I don't particularly want to advertise twitter since I myself hesitated staying on the media after the buyout, but if you have an account, join us in adding as many birds species to your (or a visiting) country list! A weekly leaderboard is posted every sunday evening.

RULES

Share a picture of a bird stating the country where it was taken and assert it was taken in 2024. Make sure to include the hashtag #BirdsSeenIn2024.

The summary of the challenge is shared every sunday around 19pm (CET) on my account: x.com
Pictures entering the contest will be shared on this same account, but you can browse them by searching the hashtag #BirdsSeenIn2024 on twitter.
The current top 40 look like this:

A1_top40_2024-06-30.png

Following this link (http://shorturl.at/bhyS3), you'll find a google drive where the learderboards are updated as well as country lists,
continent and world's blank lists and that for 2024 and the period 2021-2024. So you can check which species are missing where :)

You have until December 31st 2024 to participate!

Cheers,

Tony (aka @float_photo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back