• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint BF Lockdown Listing - Autumn 2020 (1 Viewer)

Garden highlights last two days included the local Peregrine pair which I think is an addition (also Goosander, Fieldfare and Sparrowhawk).

Crazy two days working from home. Local walks when possible....

All the best

Garden highlights last two days included the local Peregrine pair which I think is an addition (also Goosander, Fieldfare and Sparrowhawk).

Crazy two days working from home. Local walks when possible....

All the best

Hadn't noticed the lack of Peregrine on the list as a regular pair were perched on a local hospital yesterday.

Unusual that they linger till November, a flock of Starlings today and seven Mute Swans over. A little nicer, in a patch of wet woodland, one Hazel Grouse today (my first of the year on my land), plus one Black Woodpecker and several Crested Tits.

New for 'quarantine two' list:

Mute Swan
Hazel Grouse
Black Woodpecker
Starling
Crested Tit
Goldfinch

Autumn list now 30, compares to almost 150 in spring quarantine

Almost immediately after starting this thread I started regretting it ... ;)

Saying that, I've begun setting up a google docs spreadsheet which should be easy enough to check and update.

Not totally checked whether new for the list, but have seen the following from the garden since the 5th -

5th - Kestrel over, Jackdaw
6th - Common Buzzard, Redwing, Rook, Magpie, Woodpigeon
7th - Song Thrush

Apparently there's a Green-winged Teal about 20 minutes walk away so trying to motivate myself to get out there for that (and other bits) at some point ...

Last edited:
Few more on mine today...

White-tailed Eagle - flying over
Feral Pigeon - wanders from nearby village
Magpie - resident birds
Greenfinch - small flock

The link to the googledocs spreadsheet can be found >HERE<

Anyone can enter data, but please use this thread to post your sightings as usual and do mention if you edit the document. If you haven't used googledocs before don't worry about editing it - myself or someone else can. Please don't edit the formatting or delete species etc!

In the far bottom left hand corner you can toggle between 'UK' and 'Mainland Europe'. Hopefully will add the full BOU/Europe lists at a later time to see what gaps are missing.

(You will note that Mainland Europe is still a 'work in progress', as haven't gone through editing out duplicates from the various countries - I have only done Raven so far. EDIT and other corvids)

Hopefully it works, not tried this before!

Last edited:
I need to ask the gendarmerie whether I can continue bird prospection as part of my auto-entrpraneur work status. I don't fancy a fine but this is peak prospection time for some species...

Good idea to try... I will try and input something when I see something new! That said I have been credited with Lesser Spotted Wood which was probably Richard. I did see the red Billed Though though...

Corrected now - easy to make errors like that in a rush when transposing! I wasn't sure if names were even necessary but may be useful in keeping tabs. Plus people like to see their name up in lights (which this isn't ;) ) It won't be any problem even dividing out and putting your own french list eg in Column J if you want ...

I haven't checked other people's sightings so there may be some doubling of views
Griffon vulture
Marsh harrier
Red kite
Black winged kite
Kestrel
Cattle egret
White stork
Stone curlew
Raven
Serin
Redstart
Stonechat
Sparrowhawk

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back