• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint BF Lockdown Listing - Autumn 2020 (1 Viewer)

I haven't checked other people's sightings so there may be some doubling of views
Griffon vulture
Marsh harrier
Red kite
Black winged kite
Kestrel
Cattle egret
White stork
Stone curlew
Raven
Serin
Redstart
Stonechat
Sparrowhawk

Raven and Sparrowhawk already recorded.

As per link in post #31 -

UK currently on 68. I'm sure there easy species missing. Note it is starting from Nov 1st for England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland for simplicities sake.

Mainland Europe on 110. I've eliminated the obvious duplicates - there may well be more - please flag them up on here or amend the table.

Last edited:
Out to the local reservoir - 3 hour perambulation. No sign of the Green-winged Teal (did see Teal in flight that had been flushed from elsewhere) but a few other nice things. Full list:

Mute Swan
Canada Goose
Mallard
Wigeon
Shoveler
Gadwall
Teal
Tufted Duck
Pochard
Goldeneye 2
Great Crested Grebe
Moorhen
Coot
Great Crested Grebe
Grey Heron
Cormorant
Herring Gull
GBBGull
LBBGull
BH Gull
Kingfisher
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Buzzard
Woodpigeon
Feral Pigeon
Raven
Carrion Crow
Rook
Jackdaw
Magpie
Jay
Grey Wagtail
Pied Wagtail
Meadow Pipit
Redwing
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Dunnock
Robin
Stonechat
Starling
House Sparrow
Wren
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Long-tailed Tit
Goldcrest
Firecrest 2
Chiffchaff 9
Goldfinch
Chaffinch
Linnet
Bullfinch
Siskin 20

New additions to the list in bold. I'm sure plenty of them were overlooked ...

Last edited:
Owly creeping up with a couple of good ones:

Rough-legged Buzzard hunting in my meadow
Kingfisher on my pool (6th since September, only ever had two previously)

Birds I've seen while on foot or by bike in suburban Iceland over the last few days include:
Gyr Falcon
Rock Ptarmigan
Long-tailed Duck
Common Eider
Glaucous Gull
Iceland Gull

As per link in post #31 -

Mainland Europe on 110. I've eliminated the obvious duplicates - there may well be more - please flag them up on here or amend the table.
I've just trawled through the spreadsheet Dan and found quite a few duplicates in the Mainland Europe one, I chickened out of deleting them for fear of destroying your handiwork!
Duplicates found:
Great Spotted Woodpecker, Grey headed Woody, Black Woody
Black Redstart
Mute Swan
Yellowhammer
Bullfinch
Siskin
Marsh Tit, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Crested Tit, Coal Tit
Treecreeper
Mallard
Griffon Vulture
House Sparrow
Blackbird
Nuthatch

I added Lammergeier today, 'scoped while sitting on our new bench (that took 4 months to arrive after ordering!):t:
Gerald has 'Redstart', I would guess it's Black Redstart at this time of year?

Thanks again for doing this Dan.

I've just trawled through the spreadsheet Dan and found quite a few duplicates in the Mainland Europe one, I chickened out of deleting them for fear of destroying your handiwork!
Duplicates found:

Cheers Richard!

I will update later this evening. Was hoping someone would do it as, well, too much going on at the moment and as soon as I tried comparing my brain started protesting ...

;)

;)

If you want to play without actually deleting anything ... choose the 'strikethrough' (puts a line through something) and will highlight them up, I can always do the actual deletion later. Also it is possible to go back to earlier versions if everything goes wrong.

Nice one on the Lammergeier!

Strikethroughs done!
Keeping an eye out for 'Vigo' but the only immature Lammergeier I've seen lately was one of this year's young, still following an adult.

The link to the googledocs spreadsheet can be found >HERE<

UK 90
Rest of Europe (can't really say Mainland Europe with Iceland now!) 99

Hopefully changes correct.

Quick look through the thread, I don't see Common Snipe on - had 3 a couple of days ago :t:

Ditto Common Crossbill - 6 y'day

Is Gadwall not on yet? Another I've had :t: Ooops, it is on already!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back