• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Birdforum Lockdown List - April and May (1 Viewer)

Our lockdown has eased a bit so we can go out more. Not sure if this is on the list, but managed to see several Calandra larks this afternoon. I am still waiting for the Pratincoles to come back.

Attachments

• Calandra lark.jpg
    Calandra lark.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 36
A few recent additions from Bulgaria, either walking the dog or from the garden:

Black-headed Bunting 06/05
Lesser Spotted Eagle 07/05 (garden tick)
Red-breasted Flycatcher 09/05
Eastern Olivaceous Warbler Today

Chris

Was your BH Bunting a male Chris? - they're stunning at this time of year!

I'm aware that I haven't updated for a while, although I'm also aware that not many new birds have been seen.

With restrictions on travel seemingly ending in the UK on Wednesday (tomorrow), and wider travel permitted in France (from the 11th - does that mean lockdown has ended?) wonder of the time has come ... to convert to a 'green' list?

What is the situation in eg France, Spain and Italy??

I suspect Little Auk hasn't featured previously. I, fairly unexpectedly, saw one yesterday.

Also, travel restrictions are only ending in England and not the whole UK, as far as I'm aware.

I'm aware that I haven't updated for a while, although I'm also aware that not many new birds have been seen.

With restrictions on travel seemingly ending in the UK on Wednesday (tomorrow), and wider travel permitted in France (from the 11th - does that mean lockdown has ended?) wonder of the time has come ... to convert to a 'green' list?

In France we can now travel up to 100kms from home for any reason/ activity so lockdown birding is now over!

In Spain much more movement is allowed, as long as you stay in your province. Unfortunately nice wide open spaces, such as beaches and parks, are still shut. No logic in that!

Very true.

That's a pretty unexpected addition at this time of year. Many May records in Scotland generally??

Not sure, but I suspect very few. There are more April records. The weather conditions have been perfect for bringing them but it's just the wrong time of the year.

not sure whether this still counts because we are now in a transistional period but just in case can add

Snowfinch
Rock Thrush
Alpine Chough

All France

Was your BH Bunting a male Chris? - they're stunning at this time of year!

Funny you should ask that Mike, I saw my first female of the year this morning! Other than that they've (perhaps a dozen birds so far) all been singing males! Stunning is right, and don't they know it!

Chris

Italy here. Since May 4 we may travel within regions also for seeing relatives, also for going to shops not present in council of residence. Exercise such as running and cycling is permitted within the council of residence (before it was within a 300 m. radius of home), while travel for leisure activities (including birding) is not permitted.

But last Sunday we escaped to our local patch and spent an enjoyable couple of hours, adding a few species to out lockdown checklist. I haven't been following closely the updates to this thread so I don't know if you already have these species:

- Golden Eagle
- Melodious Warbler
- Roller
- Woodchat Shrike
- Yellow-legged Gull
- Italian Sparrow
- Subalpine Warbler

My full lockdown lists are here, updated yesterday.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back