• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Just saw this orange bird on Cornell Feeder cam (1 Viewer)

Debbie1905

Hi, I am just learning about N.American birds by watching the Cornell Feeder Cam, but I can't find this one in my field guide - can you tell me what it is please? The orange bird was feeding the - I guess - juvenile.
Thanks very much, Debbie.

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 118

rkj

I think there is a little color fidelity issue with the picture; the orange in the front and vegetation in the back all look a bit yellowish. The male Cardinal looks a bit too orange from the same problem.

dacol

Hi, I am just learning about N.American birds by watching the Cornell Feeder Cam, but I can't find this one in my field guide - can you tell me what it is please? The orange bird was feeding the - I guess - juvenile.
Thanks very much, Debbie.
Not a juvenile but an adult female. It is called courtship feeding, during breeding season Mr. Cardinal gives food items to Mrs. Cardinal!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread