• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Killarney National Park w/ NL Pure (1 Viewer)

el, a diamondback or a curio
Nice selection, by the way!

I upgraded straight from a Vortex Crossfire to the NL, but I’m interested in checking out some pocket binos. Curios were nice, but I’m going to check out the Victory pocket and Ultravid before I think about buying anything.

I’ve never owned a Leica or Zeiss, so that would be exciting to me! I want my NL to have some friends one day 😉 even if it’s a pocket bin and a new scope

Thx, now there is only missing a bigger one, im sure the NL12 will be in the lottery end of the year..
I wish i had the chance to test the VP, but the Curio is easy on the eyes and even stays with me on a trail run in a hardcase, so pocket wise hard to beat.
Super bright and sharp of course!

Funny you came also from vortex, i mean, if you look through it you cant believe there is something better, but now afterwards, the vortex is darker and more brownish to me, Swarovski is a different league :)

Just watched through two older "leitz" Germany(now Leica) glasses from my grandpa, a 1040 and a pocket one, but compared with my EL8x32 the 40 lost, but not by far..
Im sure the newer generations by leica are incredible glasses too, same for Zeiss..

Last edited:
Funny you came also from vortex, i mean, if you look through it you cant believe there is something better, but now afterwards, the vortex is darker and more brownish to me, Swarovski is a different league
Yeah, I was very pleased with the Crossfires, at the time. I’ve not looked though Diamondback or Vipers since I made the upgrade to Swaro, but I still enjoy the view provided by Razor glass, aside from some false colour now and then.

Im sure the newer generations by leica are incredible glasses too, same for Zeiss.
When I was researching what binos to get last year I was lucky enough to be able to do a direct comparison between “the big three”: NL, Victory SF and Noctivid.

The winner was pretty obvious for me, but I completely understand if some people prefer that unique and somewhat undefinable quality which Leica optics provide. Zeiss has good glass, impressive weight reduction technology and competitive AFOV, but they’re often let down by poor ergonomics and build quality. Zeiss will have its defenders of course, (the SFL is creating waves at the moment), but I think that is the consensus opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back