• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Kingfishers (6 Viewers)

zomerset

3 Dippers today.
Sunrise the youngster & adult on the River Rea. The youngster singing & standing upright.
Late afternoon the other youngster along the Bourn Brook. No singing or zipping. Some stretching, high speed flying & quick stops.
Bad photo over the wall;
https://flic.kr/p/2krPmRY

zomerset

3 Dippers & 3 Kingfisher today.
The sunrise River Rea pair having a standoff at the ramp and whilst they did I could see it getting lighter. The Kingfisher went past & the Buzzard was back.
This afternoon on the Bourn Brook, 2 Kingfisher at the blue bridge & first time one sat under the roundabout.
I just saw the white of the roosting Dipper as it flew up & in really quick.

the Harborne Flyer

3 Dippers & 3 Kingfisher today.
The sunrise River Rea pair having a standoff at the ramp and whilst they did I could see it getting lighter. The Kingfisher went past & the Buzzard was back.
This afternoon on the Bourn Brook, 2 Kingfisher at the blue bridge & first time one sat under the roundabout.
I just saw the white of the roosting Dipper as it flew up & in really quick.
I see on Birdtrack someone has recorded a dipper on the Rea at Wychall Reservoir ,King's Norton. Could this be a fourth bird in addition to the ones at Cannon Hill Pk and on the Bourn Brook ?

Users who are viewing this thread