• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers (1 Viewer)

3 Dippers today.
Sunrise the youngster & adult on the River Rea. The youngster singing & standing upright.
Late afternoon the other youngster along the Bourn Brook. No singing or zipping. Some stretching, high speed flying & quick stops.
Bad photo over the wall;

3 Dippers & 3 Kingfisher today.
The sunrise River Rea pair having a standoff at the ramp and whilst they did I could see it getting lighter. The Kingfisher went past & the Buzzard was back.
This afternoon on the Bourn Brook, 2 Kingfisher at the blue bridge & first time one sat under the roundabout.
I just saw the white of the roosting Dipper as it flew up & in really quick.

3 Dippers & 3 Kingfisher today.
The sunrise River Rea pair having a standoff at the ramp and whilst they did I could see it getting lighter. The Kingfisher went past & the Buzzard was back.
This afternoon on the Bourn Brook, 2 Kingfisher at the blue bridge & first time one sat under the roundabout.
I just saw the white of the roosting Dipper as it flew up & in really quick.
I see on Birdtrack someone has recorded a dipper on the Rea at Wychall Reservoir ,King's Norton. Could this be a fourth bird in addition to the ones at Cannon Hill Pk and on the Bourn Brook ?

I see on Birdtrack someone has recorded a dipper on the Rea at Wychall Reservoir ,King's Norton. Could this be a fourth bird in addition to the ones at Cannon Hill Pk and on the Bourn Brook ?
Hi Paul, yes it's been seen a few times at Wychall by John, Adrian & Stuart on twitter.
Some are saying it's a 4th Dipper.
I've now seen the Bourn Brook Dippers high flying at roost.
One flew off in the direction of the Rea, amazing to see!

Sunrise River Rea I was surprised to hear first the Dipper & then the Kingfisher.
The Rea was fast flowing & brown, you can see it in the photo.
Out for a quick run at roost along the Bourn. A surprise Kingfisher & then Kate spotted the Dipper. Then it disappeared to roost.

Good to be able to see 3 Dippers on the Bourn Brook & River Rea.
Saturday I saw the Bourn Brook Dipper leave roost.
Then we saw it again late afternoon.
A Dipper or the two Dippers appeared most of last week at the River Rea.
Yesterday/Sunday the younger singing Dipper chased the other quiet Dipper.
It seems the younger singing Dipper likes to sing at the other Dipper.
They came in chasing & the singing Dipper sang twice and chased the other Dipper in between each song.

Monday we saw a roosting Bourn Brook Dipper. Kingfisher as well.
First light this morning 2 Dippers at the River Rea, Cannon Hill Park. Kingfisher.
As per the other thread; 2 River Rea, Wychall Dippers.
(I wonder if they are the same birds)

This morning a Dipper singing at a fast flowing, brown River Rea at Cannon Hill park. Then 2 Dippers turned up at Wychall. Fast flowing, brown River Rea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back