• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kite Optics Lynx HD+ (1 Viewer)

Finally got around to using them a full day, and I enjoyed them alot. Optically it leaves nothing to desire, mechanically there is one flay: the eyecup rotation. They have a few click stops, but the final position doesn't click in position. There is a little bit of play from fully retracted end position to first click "barrier", don't know how else to describe it. And between the click stops (and so from fully retracted end position to first stop) turning resistance is very low, so when using the eyecups tend to twist a bit inwards by head movements. In practice it is not a continuous nuisance, but I did encounter a few times I had a bit of kidney beaning (eye relief is júst right, eye positioning the same, can imagine for some a bit tight) and found the eyecups rotated inwards just a tiny fraction. It's really just 20-30 degrees play, but it's there and something to change in a next batch, I would say. End position should be full stop, in my opinion (and experience from other bins). But that's the only minus I could find. Light, bright, sharp, nice warm colour fidelity, handling and focus knob are perrrfect, it's really an awesome set of bins :)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back