• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 823M/Baader zoom. (1 Viewer)

Jazzyboy

United Kingdom
I have owned for a long time a Kowa 823M which I bought brand new.

I also own a Baader hyperion mk lV zoom which i bought 2 years ago for astronomy use.

I read on here that the Hyperion zoom fits the 823 with no problems but I have had a look and can't see how to do this so I'm hoping for a bit of an explanation please.

Hi there...The fit is so direct that is kind of hard to miss,but lets try again...
First REMOVE THE ASTRONOMY BARREL attached to the Baader Zoom AND the adapter ring inside the collar.The Zoom does not fit the Kowa in the same manner that fits your astro telescope.The eyepiece will screw mount on the little section of brass threads exposed outside the scope's bayonet.
* Make sure none of the rings provided are fitted to the eyepiece main collar or you will loose infinity focus.

And now just screw the collar to the expose threads in the scope mount .It fits perfectly
Hope you can enjoy the combo

Hi there...The fit is so direct that is kind of hard to miss,but lets try again...
First REMOVE THE ASTRONOMY BARREL attached to the Baader Zoom AND the adapter ring inside the collar.The Zoom does not fit the Kowa in the same manner that fits your astro telescope.The eyepiece will screw mount on the little section of brass threads exposed outside the scope's bayonet.
* Make sure none of the rings provided are fitted to the eyepiece main collar or you will loose infinity focus.

And now just screw the collar to the expose threads in the scope mount .It fits perfectly
Hope you can enjoy the combo
AW brilliant, thank you very much for this, I really didn't want to attack or modify my 823M as it is in original pristine condition. At least this sounds like it's an easy fit.

I get sharp views at 60x with the original silver bodied zoom but thought the Baader zoom might be just a bit sharper or more contrasty as it is superb in my 12" Newtonian.I will report back on any improvement I see in the view

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back