• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Kowa 883 still the best one? (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

The 30 - 60x WA. In Europe the scope body does not come with an eyepiece. In the US I believe is comes with the 20 - 60x. The downside is it is hard to get hold off so I was unable to really compare it with other similar size scopes before buying. Due to Covid I still haven't really had chance to. It is very good though, although I still use both my Zeiss 65mm Diascope and Vortex Razor 50mm a lot more because I can't be bothered to lug it around when birding. It is kept for twitches and when I am unlikely to be walking far with it.

kristoffer

Used Register
The 30 - 60x WA. In Europe the scope body does not come with an eyepiece. In the US I believe is comes with the 20 - 60x. The downside is it is hard to get hold off so I was unable to really compare it with other similar size scopes before buying. Due to Covid I still haven't really had chance to. It is very good though, although I still use both my Zeiss 65mm Diascope and Vortex Razor 50mm a lot more because I can't be bothered to lug it around when birding. It is kept for twitches and when I am unlikely to be walking far with it.
Thanks!

Scridifer

Supporter
Bulgaria
I've found it excellent from the UK, when I had to send my dropped 883 to Germany for repair. An expensive service - don't let it get blown over in the wind! - but a thorough and friendly service.

Another very satisfied customer here! Received excellent customer service from Monika in Germany!

Chris

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread