• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 883 vs Harpia 85 (1 Viewer)

can you please tell me which tripod head you use on your Manfrotto 055?
Hi Dave, I have a Manfrotto 128RC head, also decades old: I love it. Updated version still available I think. I suspect for digiscoping you might need something more sophisticated (to stop very slight settling-down, which uncentres the image). But for viewing use I consider it excellent.

I once trained my scope on a wood ants' nest, which was a very interesting perspective.

John
White Letter Hairstreaks, near the top of an Elm tree, an absolute nightmare to find amongst the leaves. Despite the wide field of view, it was the shallow depth of field that was giving me issues. But I got one at 70x eventually, and became more adept at a skill I'll probably never need to use again!

In Northern Europe, Kowa is very popular, when I was in Denmark, I saw a lot of people use kowa's scope

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back