• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Genesis 10.5 x 44 vs Conquest HD vs Maven B1.2 (1 Viewer)

raptorbfl

Hi,

How does the Kowa Genesis 10.5 x 44 compared to the Conquest HD and the Maven B1.2, as far as build quality, ergonomics, feel in hands, and especially the quality and comfort of the eye cups?
I am very intrigued by the Kowa Genesis, seems like it built like a tank.

I had the Kowa 8.5 and swapped it for the 10.5. I have no experience with the Conquest or the Maven B1.2. The Kowas are indeed built like tanks and all around optical performance is excellent, especially performance in harsh lighting conditions. They are somewhat large and heavy but that helps me hold them steady, especially the 10.5. The eye cups are comfortable but eye relief may be a little short if you routinely use glasses. Generally size, weight and handling are somewhat similar to Leica 10x50 (in case you have ever tried one). Focus wheel and function are very nice. The case and strap are top notch but the lens covers while they work are a bit flimsy.

Mike

We are running the Kowa 10.5x44's for only $999.99 and IMO there's nothing that comes close that price. Please give us a call to discuss this, 516-217-1000

Never seen Mavens, but you just can't be disappointed with conquests.... they are superb, and very close to 'alpha' territory.
The kowa's are equally superb, and do feel nice, but I couldn't get on with the eye cups for some reason.... but that's just personal.... optically they are right up there!!
I finally settled on Meopta Meostars, which in my opinion outperforms the Conquest and the Kowa, but they are a bit more.
I previously had Conquests, sold them, and went on the upgrade path..... and frankly it was a waste of time.... I was very happy with them.
Great bino for the money, and built well.... very well!!

Adoroma and B&H both running same sale, doesn’t come close, it’s the same price. And both have better customer service and return policy.

Have you has issues or problems dealing with Cameraland?
Yes!
I’d recommend B&H, Adaroma and Focus camera as a few good ones. If you want details about Cameraland PM me, some people get ruffles if we air our grievance’s. Maybe not a bad idea to start a discussion about our experiences with some venders.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back