• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Vendors for US (1 Viewer)

neil calabro

Season's Greetings,
I am a US resident & interested in getting a late holiday present for myself: a Kowa TSN 663 ED Angled 66mm Spotting Scope (either new or lightly used). Who do you recommend as a vendor with rock bottom prices? Also, I wear eyeglasses. What are my best bets for eyepieces? 20-60x? 30X WA? Please offer your recommendations. Thanks!
Neil

Hi Neil,

I think Eagle Optics would be a good place to start. The TE-14WD 30x is a VERY sweet eyepiece. I think it is probably the best "starter" choice for that scope. The quick change bayonette mount makes it fairly painless to swap out to the 45x eyepiece too if you want more power. If you think you use 60x often then it would probably be best to get a larger scope.

happy new year,
Rick

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your reply. I will look into (so to speak) the 30x eyepiece.
Happy New Year!
Neil.

Hi Neil,

I think Eagle Optics would be a good place to start. The TE-14WD 30x is a VERY sweet eyepiece. I think it is probably the best "starter" choice for that scope. The quick change bayonette mount makes it fairly painless to swap out to the 45x eyepiece too if you want more power. If you think you use 60x often then it would probably be best to get a larger scope.

happy new year,
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back