• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kruger Park RFI (1 Viewer)

philflam

Hi,
I have been trying to book accommodation at Lower Sabie but not getting a reply. Any recommendations for accommodation and booking .
I will be there mid July.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Hi,
I have been trying to book accommodation at Lower Sabie but not getting a reply. Any recommendations for accommodation and booking .
I will be there mid July.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Hi Phil

Have you tried booking on line?

https://www.sanparks.org/bookings/

Alternatively, phone this number:

From the UK this would be

+2712489111

If they are busy, they can take a long time to answer and you will be kept on hold, This puts you in a queue so if you ring off and try again you will go to the back of the queue. Bookings operate from 07.30 - 17.00 on weekdays and from 08.00 - 13.00 on Saturdays and public holidays.Telephonic bookings open normally 11 months before, so if you want to book in August 2018, you can phone on 1st June 2017. However for the June/ July holidays, things change a little and you can only book from 25 June for May and June of 2018.

Before you phone, have your dates and places ready if you want to go to specific camps. Also have your passport handy in case they want the number, I'm not sure about that for overseas visitors. Depending on how long you are intending to stay in the park, you might want to buy a Wild Card, but this is a different procedure.

You will have to pay a deposit of half the total cost before a certain date. if it has not been paid, they do not remind you, they just cancel your booking.

You can also book by email, but you have to download a request form first and I'm not sure how you would load multiple bookings so you might want to try the other methods first.

Good luck!

Just re-read your post. Mid July is a very difficult time to get in as it is booked up well in advance by people going to Kruger for the school holidays.

Go to

https://www.sanparks.org/tourism/availability/

Select: Kruger National Park
Main Rest Camps
Lower Sabie

You will then get to a page with the different types of accommodation, so click on one. This will take you to a page with some info about that accommodation. Below this, you can select dates to check availability. You will have to go back a page each time you want to test the availability of a different type of accommodation. if there is nothing available,m you can either keep trying in the hope that you can get a cancellation of you could look for a different camp. Most South Africans book a year in advance to get what they want which is why you may have some problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back