• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Large objective APM binoculars? (1 Viewer)

I've been looking to find a Zeiss Victory HT but, I think I'll wait until I hear about your experience with the Steiner ShadowQuest. The specs on that one look really good to me and to be honest, I wasn't aware of it until you posted about it a few days ago.

Здравейте Bockos, сигурен съм, че много други членове също използват Google Translate, но изглежда, че това се случва само на вас. Ако опишете своя процес, със сигурност можем да разберем какво се е променило и какво трябва да направите по различен начин сега. В случай, че се усложни, можете да започнете тема в отделния раздел, посветен на проблеми с новия форум: Надстройка на Birdforum (ще го потърся)
Сега четете ли това?

I get my APM APO 12x50 binoculars today from APM. I will write a review on them once I have tried them out. They were on sale at APM for about $350 and I received them in 2 days from Germany! Thanks, Markus.

I haven’t had them out to a dark sky yet but I am sure they will be fantastic. I have three different sets of eyepieces. 24mm APM UFF, 18 mm Uff, and the Baader Morpheus 12.5 mm. I had the Nikon 20x120 III several years ago and fell in love with the big binocular views on the night sky. The Nikon was excellent but I can honestly say I like the APM more. Being able to change power is part of it but they are also optically excellent and stars are tack sharp and colorful. The moon with the 18mm eyepieces is just pure white and better than the view I remember in the Nikon. I don’t know if I just got an excellent sample but I highly recommend them.

Very, very seldom do you get superb seeing conditions. I had a 10 inch Dobsonian scope and one night the seeing was just spectacular, and I put a big Nagler on it and looked at the moon, and it was AMAZING! It looked like you were orbiting the moon in a spaceship.

You might have to ask this on Cloudy Nights. I have never looked through one. I looked through some of the older early production 100mm and they didn’t really impress me much.

Has anyone used the Miyauchi BR 141 binocular?

Possibly 5 element fluorite objectives from Canon.

Regards,
B.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back