• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Largest fine for wildlife crime of £600,000.00 for destroying a bat roost in South London by a building firm (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I’ve tried to post the link from the guardian in the economics section on the 11th December. But I’ve got problems with my internet over the last 2 days. But the news from that section in the guardian is that a well known building company has been had the largest fine ever for a wildlife crime in the UK of £600,000.00 for destroying a bat roost in South London. The article was in the economics section in the guardian. It might also be in the environment section of the Guardian as well. But the article was published on the 11th December. Hopefully as I’ve got problems with my internet at the moment someone else might be able to post the link. The building companies name is mentioned in that article.
Ian.

Last edited:

Sterngucker

Aahhh ... to be living in a civilized part of the world.
Over on this side of the pond wildlife and nature crime is government sponsored (and the criminals pay many of our elected representatives), especially in the past four years - unless you're killing a bald eagle.

Users who are viewing this thread