• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Las vegas (2 Viewers)

exley

got no car- will be in vegas 10/15-10/17
anyway to see some good birds using public transport/cabs?- Does anybody do any day trips into the desert or around vegas?- Are their guides/tours i can use? anybody in the area need a birding buddy for a day?

any advice?

much appreciated

ES

You might also want to do some forum searches to augment the replys that come to this thread. Here is a link to a previous request for info on Las Vegas that might get you started. Good luck and hope you have a good trip.

I've never found it to be much good. About the best is the occasional American Kestrel, saw one sleeping on a wire outside the MGM Grand one evening with a pretty noisy crowd around. You used to be able to bird the water treatment plant in Henderson (a large LV suburb) but I'm not sure if it's still allowed, haven't been there in awhile. Worth trying in October to check for migrants certainly. The desert to me strikes me as quite poor quality, not on a par with Arizona.

exley said:
got no car- will be in vegas 10/15-10/17
anyway to see some good birds using public transport/cabs?- Does anybody do any day trips into the desert or around vegas?- Are their guides/tours i can use? anybody in the area need a birding buddy for a day?

any advice?

much appreciated

ES

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back