• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last butterfly of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Nothing today (only out to Asda, garden devoid of butterflies), but Red Admiral yesterday on ivy in Porthleven in a garden I was working in, plus a Hummingbird Hawk-moth.

Clouded Yellow, Small White, Wall Brown, Red Admiral and Painted Lady on our walk this morning, plus just had a Cardinal on our Buddleia in the garden.

Chris

Several Clouded Yellows, Cardinal, Red Admiral, Wall Brown and a very tattered female Lang's Short-tailed Blue here this morning.

Chris

One Red Admiral this afternoon as I was working lineside on the Mid Hants Railway, also a small coppery butterfly this morning during a walk through the fields. Didn't get close enough for a positive ID

I haven't seen any butterflies for about 3 weeks but there were two Red Admirals just by the junction of the A41 and the Wolverhampton ring road at 12:10 today.

Beautiful sunny day here too: Clouded Yellows, Small Copper, Small and Green-veined Whites, Queen of Spain and several Wall Browns.

Chris

A smart male Brimstone at Swithland Reservoir today - the only thing I have seen recently apart from odd Small Whites.

Steve

On a day that started warm and sunny and transformed to wild and windy, remarkably I saw two species of butterfly! And the species in question – one Red Admiral and one Small White – my latest records of both, beating the previous records by a single day in both cases. As for any butterfly, the latest I have ever seen any species on the wing in Lithuania was 24 October in 2017 (Small Copper and Queen of Spain Fritillary). Here's hoping for this year ...though the forecast is far from promising!

My latest butterflies ever in Lithuania ... after quite a search, two Queen of Spain Fritillaries and one Small Tortoiseshell today

Couple hours of sunshine between storms/fronts this afternoon. Saw a moth hovering around the front out the window (think Silver Y or poss Hummingbird HM), went out to see, no sign, but did flush a Red Admiral off the front lawn.

A lovely sunny morning after yesterday's rain brought Small White, Wall Brown, Painted Lady, three Red Admirals and four Clouded Yellows.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back