• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last butterfly of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Well, surprised myself - a new latest ever date for me seeing a butterfly in Lithuania. In a brief patch of sun, one Peacock. Also one Migrant Hawker.

A few hours of sun delivered rather typical butterflies for the time of year: Small White, Comma, Peacock and Red Admiral.
Four Raphanus fields are flowering around my local patch: these are good for November butterflies if the weather is cooperative.

Well, surprised myself - a new latest ever date for me seeing a butterfly in Lithuania. In a brief patch of sun, one Peacock. Also one Migrant Hawker.

Nice one!

A few hours of sun delivered rather typical butterflies for the time of year: Small White, Comma, Peacock and Red Admiral.
Four Raphanus fields are flowering around my local patch: these are good for November butterflies if the weather is cooperative.

Where is here these days? Nice. It's just either been wet or windy or both most of the time here in Cornwall. Looks like proper sunshine later next week though, not sure about the wind ...

Where is here these days? Nice. It's just either been wet or windy or both most of the time here in Cornwall. Looks like proper sunshine later next week though, not sure about the wind ...
Still on the rural northern edge of the lovely Ruhr Area, Germany. "My location" is correct! (but I note it does not work).

Lol - no teacher in West Midlands.
We are quite lucky, our site is quite large, 1100 students. It has boundaries with trees and bushes and we deliberately leave some parts unmowed and “wild”. (It’s Tipton so not as glamorous as it sounds!)

Sunny, not particularly as windy as of late, even warm in the sun - up at mine but no butterflies all day!

(A couple of night ago I did dream I had a Red Admiral and Peacock, but that doesn't count!)

Well and truly finished here ... always had a dream of November butterflies, almost got there with the Peacock on 31 Oct, but grey, wet and gloomy here now, the forecast for next week seeing temperatures dropping to near zero.

Last edited:
Well and truly finished here ... always had a dream of November butterflies, almost got there with the Peacock on 30 Oct, but grey, wet and gloomy here now, the forecast for next week seeing temperatures dropping to near zero.

Same damp and gloom here Jos for the past two days, but on 2nd I had a Brimstone and a Red Admiral pass by and a Clouded Yellow on 31st October.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back