• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last butterfly of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Still on the wing

4 Clouded Yellows on the wing at Southbourne Undercliff today 10th November with 1 Red Admiral showing briefly. There was a Wall Brown reported from Hengistbury Head as well. On the 5th November I saw a Clouded Yellow egg laying on Birds Foot Trefoil at Southbourne in a sheltered area along the undercliff.

Looking at the forecast for the next week, I don't think I'll be spending much time searching for Butterflies, but: I have a Primrose poking a flower out at the Velator bird reserve in N Devon. Must be spring!

Overcast and strong winds this morning - but the wind gradually dropped, the sun came out and in a warm spot just near where I was working, a pristine Red Admiral sunning itself.

First frost of the season this morning but wall to wall sunshine soon made it feel much warmer! Four Clouded Yellows, three Small Coppers (all male) A very tatty Wall Brown and a female Small White were all enjoying the sun too!

Chris

A beautiful sunny morning with the mercury nudging double figures yielded two Red Admirals and four Clouded Yellows.

Chris

Forgot - Peacock Butterfly in the sunshine on 26th. I had been moving things around, so possibly disturbed from hibernation.

Saw a garden report of Red Admiral, Peacock and Speckled Wood or Wall Brown elsewhere from a Cornwall Garden same day.

Sat in the lounge with curtains pulled against the bright sunlight to see a butterfly fluttering silhouetted outside. Go out to see a nice Small Tortoiseshell sunning at the top of the wall below the gutter . Back inside to grab the camera but gone when went back out.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back