• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Last Swallow of the year (1 Viewer)

YuShan

Many of them foraging above Pennington/ Keyhaven Marshes today. At times perching on powerlines too in great numbers. And even more House Martins (100+ I guess, didn't bother to count). Also seen one Sand Martin.

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
About half-a-dozen this morning, Burradon, southeast Northumbs - still feeding around farm; with several House Martins.

foresttwitcher

Virtually unknown member
United Kingdom
6 today in 3 different locations around the Chilterns (3, 2 & a single) all flying South fast & low.

Last edited:

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Five this morning at Swallow Pond (no less!!), Wallsend, Northumbs; 2 adults feeding 3 recently fledged juvs (highly likely locally bred) :t:

Xenospiza

Distracted
Supporter
Saw a few today at my German local patch, so at least I beat my earliest last date (3 October).

aeshna5

At least 30 Swallows feeding over Ruislip Lido this morning along with 100+ House Martin + a couple of Sand Martins to. As the weather improved many of the birds spiralled high & by noon the swarm of hirundines had largely disappeared.

dantheman

Bah humbug
First Swallow I've seen since starting this thread - one over the garden whilst hanging the washing out this afternoon, going north.

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Still haven't seen any for a few months now they have left my area I think I miss seeing them they brought joy during lockdown.

YuShan

Still tens of Swallows seen today at Keyhaven Marsh. Also many House Martins and at least one Sand Martin

Jon Turner

Quite good numbers today on Lundy providing a distraction from the main event! The current ringer says that several that he has trapped ringed have been very light - 13/14 grams. so he's hoping they put on a bit of weight before moving on.

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Still five feeding around my vismig watchpoint today.

And House Martins still around too.

Farnboro John

Entire family of Swallows still around Hoswick on Mainland Shetland the day before yesterday (been travelling home since.)

John

Users who are viewing this thread