• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Latest Lynx releases (1 Viewer)

I can load the page just fine at the moment, so here's the summary:

"The first ornithological field guide covering the vast chain of the Indonesian archipelago has been completely revised following years of meticulous research. This second edition now encompasses over 2,800 illustrations, including some 325 additional new figures and nearly 500 alterations to the original artwork, supplemented by 1,352 maps of all regularly occurring species. The species are mapped with improved accuracy by including three magnified geographical regions, or by a larger archipelago-wide map frame. The book describes all 1,458 bird species known to occur in the region, including 628 endemics, 106 vagrants, six introduced species and ten species yet to be formally described. Together these represent over 13% of global bird diversity. Importantly, all subspecies are described in detail."

I can load the page just fine at the moment, so here's the summary:

"The first ornithological field guide covering the vast chain of the Indonesian archipelago has been completely revised following years of meticulous research. This second edition now encompasses over 2,800 illustrations, including some 325 additional new figures and nearly 500 alterations to the original artwork, supplemented by 1,352 maps of all regularly occurring species. The species are mapped with improved accuracy by including three magnified geographical regions, or by a larger archipelago-wide map frame. The book describes all 1,458 bird species known to occur in the region, including 628 endemics, 106 vagrants, six introduced species and ten species yet to be formally described. Together these represent over 13% of global bird diversity. Importantly, all subspecies are described in detail."
Still down for me?

Thanks Roger, relieved to know that it's not just me.
Is your variant of Windows up to date? Or if you're on a Mac, the same question... Some neighbours of ours had problems with website links, but these seem to have gone away after they implemented a queue of Windows updates.
MJB

Seems to be very on and off. Earlier today it used a long time on the main page and then came with the database error. Right now everything including links from the main page work quickly.

Niels

Hello,
What is the difference between the "All the birds of the world" and the 2 "Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World" ?
I have all the other HBW volumes.

Hello,
What is the difference between the "All the birds of the world" and the 2 "Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World" ?
I have all the other HBW volumes.
"Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World" has short text entrees for each species and besides the English name, the German, Spanish, and French vernacular name.

"Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World" has short text entrees for each species and besides the English name, the German, Spanish, and French vernacular name.

Thanks for your answer. So I will begin with the All Birds of the Worlds book. Maybe later for the sake of complete collection I will buy the checklists.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back