• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Leaf Warbler Help, China. (1 Viewer)

xuky.summer

There is a problem that has been bothering me for a long time. Are there two different type Sichuan Leaf Warbler(Phylloscopus forresti)? The first one (1 2) appeared in Baihualing, Yunnan Province in the winter. They all had obvious short bills and much grey-tone on head/mantle, they are very common in local. The other one (3 4) was shot in Balang Mountain in Sichuan on 2017.05.15. I only saw three or four individuals, they have longer bills, the overall is very yellow-green and almost no grey, gives me the feeling very close to Gansu Leaf Warbler, but in Per alstrom's article, the latter did not enter Sichuan Province. I don't think they look like Chinese Leaf Warbler. and did not hear the sound.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 1.1.jpg
    1.1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 1.2.jpg
    1.2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.1.jpg
    2.1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.2.jpg
    2.2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread