• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Leaf Warblers, Khao Lak, Western Pen, Thailand (1 Viewer)

alanc

Just an earthbound misfit
England
January. These warblers feeding high in a tree outside our hotel room every day of our 2 week stay. They were always high up and back-lit so photos are poor. I have cropped and lightened the shots. Arctic, Two-barred, Pale legged leaf, Eastern Crowned and Yellow-browed are all in range but I am not sure the pics are good enough for a safe ID. Never heard any song. Each pic in the same tree but at different times so may not be the same individuals but likely I think to be the same species.

Any ideas?

cheers, alan

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    429.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0006 (2).JPG
    DSC_0006 (2).JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    611 KB · Views: 52

andyb39

I'm not a "Thai expert" but I would agree that the bird in the middle two images looks like Two-barred. The bird in the 4th image gives me more of an Arctic feel, though. Not sure about no.1 - Arctic again?

johnallcock

A tricky set of images unfortunately. I agree that they seem to be Two-barred/Arctic, but difficult to be sure on ID from these pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread