• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leafhopper ID (Cumbria, UK) (1 Viewer)

gillean55

Hello

I found this leafhopper (3 - 4mm long) a few days ago in a woodland clearing near a dried-out pond. I've checked out British Bugs and a few other websites but haven't found a decent match.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Attachments

• Leafhopper BF3.jpg
    Leafhopper BF3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 6
  • Leafhopper BF2.jpg
    Leafhopper BF2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Leafhopper BF1.jpg
    Leafhopper BF1.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 5
Hello

I found this leafhopper (3 - 4mm long) a few days ago in a woodland clearing near a dried-out pond. I've checked out British Bugs and a few other websites but haven't found a decent match.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Probably Macrosteles but need to dissect to name to species.

Many thanks Ficedula!

Macrosteles laevis looks a possible contender, but as you say dissection is required to confirm species, so I'll leave it at that.

Regards

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back