• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Leica customer service - 8x20 Ultravids (1 Viewer)

Gray C

Newbie birder
A 15 year update lol. Binoculars purchased in 2005 after advice from you guys on here, Elkcub in particular

I still have my 8x20 Ultravids and they are still getting lots of use even though I have a pair of 8x42 Swaros. They've been excellent companions over the years

The only issue I've had is with the leather coming loose at the ends and the joints. I contacted Leica recently and because I could not find my 30 year warranty they were not prepared to repair them even though I still have my receipt and I gave them the serial number. I find their after sales service very poor compared to Swarovski, which is on another level completely

I am possibly in the market for a pair of 10x42s, but sadly it will not be Leica because of their sub standard service levels

Last edited:

Gray C

Newbie birder
Thanks Alexis

I'll look out for some of the adhesive you mentioned. However, I do think Leica should have been more obliging in their response.

Mike F

A 15 year update lol. Binoculars purchased in 2005 after advice from you guys on here, Elkcub in particular

I still have my 8x20 Ultravids and they are still getting lots of use even though I have a pair of 8x42 Swaros. They've been excellent companions over the years

The only issue I've had is with the leather coming loose at the ends and the joints. I contacted Leica recently and because I could not find my 30 year warranty they were not prepared to repair them even though I still have my receipt and I gave them the serial number. I find their after sales service very poor compared to Swarovski, which is on another level completely

I am possibly in the market for a pair of 10x42s, but sadly it will not be Leica because of their sub standard service levels

I'm rather surprised at that, given the excellent customer service I've received from Leica UK. Contact Mark Symes (Account Manager | Leica Camera UK although he used to be Sales Manager – Nature Optics) T +44 (0)20 7629 1351 and tell him you're a member of BF. Leica are concerned about their customer service reputation and are very much aware of this forum. I'm really surprised at the experience you've had so far, but I'm sure Mark will get you sorted.

If those numbers are no longer current, I have his email.

Michael.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread