• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Troubador

Staff member
Supporter
My wife's Trinovid HD 8x32 slipped off her thigh as we sat on the ground having a picnic and landed eyecups-down on the ground. Not a big distance to fall and the eyecups just had a little grit on them that needed wiping off but in a huge stroke of bad luck, a small pointed stone was under one of the eyepieces and scored a nasty mark on the top lens. So with the assistance of Birdforum's friend Jan van Daalen, the Trinnie went off to Leica in Portugal for repair and we waited anxiously to find out how much it would cost to replace the top lens. Well, Leica came up trumps and did the repair free of charge and the Trinnie's are on their way back home right now. So a BIG thank you to both Leica and Jan for a very happy result.

Obrigado, Leica Portugal, Met Dank, Jan.

Lee

Good service from Leica and Jan van Dalen, who had send me objective caps for my Swarovski Habicht GA free of charge!

A few years ago I bought a second hand Leica Ultravid 8x32 HD that came without eyepiece covers, after an email to the Leica importer in the Netherlands they send them to me free of charge (y)

The story of Lee reminds us all to put the covers on at all time when not using the binocular :geek:

Nice to hear that. Shame they told me to get lost when I had a problem with my 8x42 Ultravids.
Sour grapes because you didn't get your binoculars repaired free of charge even though you eventually felt the charge was reasonable for the work incurred?

I just had a pair of 90's Trinovid 8x20's CLA'd. It was not free - they had been used hard and showed dust etc. - but they came back for a little over $200 looking like a brand new pair. In fact it makes me wonder if the optics/prisms etc. weren't all just replaced? They were 30-something years old, so I figure it was a worthwhile investment!
Interaction with Leica NJ was excellent and they apologized for taking 4wks instead of 2 to turn them around.

Nice to hear of a good experience..

What do you think of the 8x32 HD Trinnies... I tested a pair and thought they were so bad they were faulty....The eye relief was horrible and the Outer edge field distortion was even worse...

Cheers
Tim

Nice to hear of a good experience..

What do you think of the 8x32 HD Trinnies... I tested a pair and thought they were so bad they were faulty....The eye relief was horrible and the Outer edge field distortion was even worse...

Cheers
Tim
Both Troubadoris and I use them intensively on the coasts of the Scottish islands as although their fov is not ground-breaking their close focus of 1.0m makes them very versatile when looking in and around rock pools and coastal heaths. We find them delightful to use and Troubadoris uses them more than her Ultravids.

Lee

We own/use both 8x32HD and 10x42HD. More CA and not quite as sparkly as UV or NV (or other alphas I've fondled or own). I.e. appropriate to Leica price-point and product family.
Typical Leica build - superb and confidence inspiring. Good view tho I suspect you might get eq or better IQ from MIC binos. But ergos, build quality, smoothness of focus, company-that-stands-behind-product, etc. means I'd buy them again.

Sour grapes because you didn't get your binoculars repaired free of charge even though you eventually felt the charge was reasonable for the work incurred?
Thank you for your empathy, its really appreciated,

Nice to know you're also keen for all paying Leica customers to be treated equally.

Will definitely approach you for support should I need it in future,

Any charge?

I recently snagged a 2018 8x42NV and the rainguard fit a little too loose for my liking. I had noted that on a new/recent 10x the fit was snug. Monday I called Leica parts in NY, explained the situation and said I was happy to pay for new part but wanted to confirm the new ones were same as 10x. They did, and they mailed me the new ones at no charge for shipping or for the eyepc cover. I got them Thurs.

Color me happy :)

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back