• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Life Drawings? (1 Viewer)

Charles Harper

Régisseur
Hey, has anybody tried to use these dumb 'paint' or 'signature' facilities that come with your software? They seem totally useless-- I can't draw a straight line with these palsied old hands, and I don't see how anyone could. Try identifying this!--

PS: Guess I should have changed the filename, eh?

Attachments

• Barn.bmp
    195.3 KB · Views: 235
I reckon it's a map of the little known Japanese island of Hirundo. Notice the 2 landing stages on the South West side.

C'mon-- I wanna see someone else's effort. Is this 'paint' tool good for anything? How do you draw with a mouse? There must be a tail in there somewhere... rats! now you got me doing it.. I'll just get my second coat...

Here is my attempt with Paint. I like to use Adobe Illustrator for drawing because it smoothes the lines for you.

Attachments

• birdart.bmp
    430.1 KB · Views: 204
Hey, that's pretty good, minx. Didn't know you were a southpaw. What is it, beyond a psittacid? So, Adobe will guess where we really wanted the lines to be?

Yours used twice the bytes mine did. I wonder why....

Ooh, an Uthatch! How masterful-- what a renaissance person you are, Jane.

It's a bitch, ain't it: can't imagine what in the world 'Paint' can be used for, really.

I mean, beyond drawing circles, Alan...

... and just what is wrong with my current avatar? (Isn't it amazing how a handsome man looks good in anything?)...

O.K.

A proper go. Hard isn't it. See "LANG" gallery for what its supposed to be!

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 141
Hmmm, never tried drawing birds with a mouse before, very difficult!
However, to prove that it is possible to achieve fairly pleasing results with just a mouse (& a better GFX program + a filter) I've attached something I've been working on - nothing to do with birds though!

Cheers

Attachments

• rubbish.bmp
    414.5 KB · Views: 157
  • STORM4.jpg
    STORM4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 170
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back