• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

List website (1 Viewer)

Popeye

To list or not to list.

I have found a new and useful website http://www.bubo.org/listing/ where you can calculate and publish your UK/Scottish/Welsh/English/UK county life or year lists using BOU/UK 400/ BIRDWATCH magazine formats with dates and location. A more useful system than used by Surfbirds (when it gets back) or UK 400 if you want to waste your money. I was surprised at my near 200 total for Scottish sightings having only spent less than 30 days north of the border. If you do submit your sightings remember you can't/shouldn't count Ruddy Shelduck in your GB BOU list unless you are receiving a state pension and saw one before 1946. You can if you wish and can justify seeing one after then using the UK400 /Birdwatch option.
IF you are not interested in keeping lists then you won't be interested in this message.

Steven Astley

If you not interested in lists you wouldn't be in this part of forum ;)
Sounds like a better alternative to the other 2. Also if you are into lists of lists consider using Birdtrack by BTO, your sightings well be made to good use aswell.

Popeye

Steven Astley said:
If you not interested in lists you wouldn't be in this part of forum ;)
Sounds like a better alternative to the other 2. Also if you are into lists of lists consider using Birdtrack by BTO, your sightings well be made to good use aswell.

Steve couldn't agree more about BTO Bird track with over 1200 days submisions from myself.

rezMole

Popeye said:
Steve couldn't agree more about BTO Bird track with over 1200 days submisions from myself.

Agreed - BTO is also getting better all the time - love the new maps on there, and the way you can print off all your sightings to file away etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread