• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Little Grassbird? Melbourne, Australia (1 Viewer)

Weiss1

Can anyone help me with this one?
I think it's a Little Grassbird but I haven't seen one before and want to make sure.

Attachments

• treatmentplant1.jpg
    treatmentplant1.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 89

Chris Benesh

So much work, so little time...so let's go birding
Hi,

It is indeed a Little Grassbird. Nice shot. Looks like he's bringing food to a nest perhaps.

Chris

Laurie Knight

Can anyone help me with this one?
I think it's a Little Grassbird but I haven't seen one before and want to make sure.

I don't know. It doesn't have the chest streaking that I would expect and I'm not sure about the habitat - I'm used to seeing them in reedy wetlands.

LK

chowchilla

Maderator.
I don't know. It doesn't have the chest streaking that I would expect and I'm not sure about the habitat - I'm used to seeing them in reedy wetlands.

LK
I'm not sure what else it could be. Streaky crown rules out Tawny; and it surely isn't streaky enough for Striated Fieldwren. The plant looks like Samphire or some other saltmarsh plant and I've seen LG in this habitat before.

Weiss1

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Here's a wider pic just in case anyone was wondering about the plants.
He vanished into those shrubs but this was taken at the Werribee treatment plant so there are some reeds in the area.

Attachments

• treatmentplant2.jpg
    treatmentplant2.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 44
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread