• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Little nick on one objective of my Conquest HDs - should I care? (1 Viewer)

b-lilja

I was just cleaning my HD 8x32s and was chagrined to see a tiny chip in one of the objectives. Perhaps I drank too much of the "you can shoot them" koolaid - I have been taking them on my kayak which is a really tough environment in particular - and pretty much shove them into every bag imaginable. I guess it's time for some of those ugly flip down lens guards.

Should I care? Will it cause glare? I've noticed nothing.

jring

Hi,

optically, you will probably not see any problems. The amount of objective damage which still does not visibly affect the image is quite surprising. Even if you see that it generates glare, you can still use a sharpie to blacken it.

Joachim

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread