• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little Stint? (1 Viewer)

AGDK

Hello

Today in Poland I saw a huge group of Dunlins, and inside that group was 4-5 stints like attached here.. I assume it's Little Stint, even the colour on the back is pretty white-ish compared with what I find of pictures of Little Stints in July, where the colour is more reddish/brownish..
My only other option is Sanderlings, but they are also pretty reddish in July as well and would be very rare around here at this time

Attachments

• Little Stint.jpg
    Little Stint.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Little Stint 1.jpg
    Little Stint 1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62
Yes, Sanderling. Little Stints would look obviously smaller and are very differently patterned. And have a hind toe as Daniel alluded to.

Steve

Great, thanks.. Wasn't aware of the hind toe thing.. They seemed smaller in size than the Dunlins, so therefor my guess on Little stints and secondly, that Sanderlings are rare around here at this time of the year..

Yes, I see.. Many migratory birds passing here now.. But haven't seen Sanderlings here before start of September, that's why I questioned it..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back