• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live camera for badgers? (1 Viewer)

Paul Penzance

We regularly get badgers visiting the garden and have used trail cameras with good footage. The sett is a couple of fields away but recently 3 of the animals have been having a snooze under the extension in the middle of the night. They are not there during daylight but things may change when next years young are produced in the main sett.

I am thinking of putting a wifi or leaded camera in so the activity could be watched live. Preferably recordable or even able to access on phone elsewhere. Obviously with night vision so would like to hear any recommendations for a decent setup.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 15
If you have WiFi coverage where you want the camera then this one is suitable, I have been using it in my garden and you can watch live, it is battery powered (comes with rechargeable batteries). There are lots of similar ones on ebay. Pretty cheap at less than £40, it will record as well on a micro SD card and you can download on a phone etc.

Mark

If you have WiFi coverage where you want the camera then this one is suitable, I have been using it in my garden and you can watch live, it is battery powered (comes with rechargeable batteries). There are lots of similar ones on ebay. Pretty cheap at less than £40, it will record as well on a micro SD card and you can download on a phone etc.

Mark
Cheers Mark

Will look at that one but at that price it's worth giving it a go. Stuck a trail camera this week and Badgers have increased from 3 to 4

Many thanks
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back