• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loads of birds to ID (Mostly Norfolk) (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Average Birder
So I have been looking through all my photos from the last few years and picked out the ones that I was unsure on. I identified some so have deleted them from the list but I am still unsure on quite a few. I realise there are a lot of photos so don't feel obliged to help and spend so much time helping. Here is the link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=19AViOtpO3ZfBQzgGbA5Ux9OB-rHl4l_c.

I will update this post with the numbers, what I think they are and the location. I also added a video I took in the Peak District after climbing a large hill (Kinderscout if I remember correctly). I was shocked that this was allowed in such a beautiful area and I believe the shooting rights and leased out by the National Trust! They were shooting Red Grouse and I know this is a strong topic at the moment.

01 to 08 - Various Gulls, Minsmere RSPB - Does 01 show two Caspians?
09 - Took the picture of the hare and only noticed the birds in the picture later on in the day, North Norfolk field - Wheatear/s?
10 to 14 - Various Pipits and Larks, Burnham Overy - Skylarks and Meadow Pipits?
15 to 21 - Circling quite high, Horstead (Norfolk) - Common Crane?
22 - On field near cliffs, Weybourne - Meadow Pipit?
23 - Not sure on bird or location but probably Weybourne
24 - Pensthorpe (I think) - Common Whitethroat?
25 - In scrub in the dune, Holme - Common or Lesser Whitethroat?
26 - Cley NWT (I think) - Herring and Lesser Black-Backed Gulls?
27 - In the dunes, Holme - Meadow Pipit?
28 - Cley (I think) - Herring Gull?
29 - On beach at Weybourne - Unsure on bird (bad photo)

Thanks for any help,
Louis P

Last edited:
Thanks, strangely enough including that bird I have had 3 White Storks in the past 5 years (over Horstead). Local aviary or good location...? Have noticed no rings on any of them including one that I saw extremely well flying quite low directly over my head.

Yes, the provenance is debatable at best.. don't envy the records committee! I think there is (or was when I lived in the county) a few feral individuals, so the odd bird gets seen along the N coast. Wasn't somebody trying to reintroduce them at Felbrigg?

I believe there are still a few feral individuals around. Haven't heard about the attempted reintroduction at Felbrigg but I am quite new to birding.

Thanks,
Louis

Ok, no need to know about the Pipits, I have seen ll the common ones. Just one more I want to know please - is 25 a Common or Lesser Whitethroat.

Thanks,
Louis

Oh wow thanks! 2 new species for my list (Yellow Legged Gull and Lesser Whitethroat) just from uploading those ones I wasn't too sure on.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back