• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loggerhead Shrike? (1 Viewer)

Mikbul

Mikbul
I photographed this bird two weeks ago building a nest up in a tree at Vishers Ferry Nature preserve. It has an obvious black mask, rather large and sure looks like one? Any help at ID would be appreciated.
Mike

Canon A590 P&S

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 51
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 60
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Eastern Kingbird

Eastern Kingbird
I took this photo of an eastern Kingbird and it has an all black head. I was using my Canon point & shoot when I shot the bird in question instead of my 400 f5.6 so maybe the light is playing tricks on me!
Mike

Attachments

• Eastern Kingbird I.jpg
    Eastern Kingbird I.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I wonder if your third shot (first post) was of the same bird - that seemed like it had a junco color pattern.

All three photos were of the same bird seconds apart, but with a point & shoot so the backlight and extreme crop are less than ideal for an ID but Believe it is an Eastern Kingbird. My other post was taken a different day with a better camera & lens.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back