• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Long-eared Owls. (1 Viewer)

Chris G6 UXU

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
England
There are three Long-eared Owls at Marton Mere Blackpool, me Pete and Brian went on Wednesday 27/01/16 but we only saw one but what a treat it was and it was a lifer for all three of us.

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Great birds Chris. Do you know if they are there all year round? Would be sorely tempted to take a detour on my way back from Skye in May if they are.

Rich

Chris G6 UXU

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
England
Evening Rich, I think they will be off in the next few weeks to Russia and Scandinavia, have a great trip to Skye and all the best.

Abbeybirder

Can anyone help and please give me details on where the long eared owls are from the WWT centre and at what time they can be seen please.

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
Can anyone help and please give me details on where the long eared owls are from the WWT centre and at what time they can be seen please.

Marton Mere near Blackpool, nor Martin Mere WWT (made that mistake twitching a Great Reed Warbler years ago!)

Stephen Dunstan

Evening Rich, I think they will be off in the next few weeks to Russia and Scandinavia, have a great trip to Skye and all the best.

They nest nearby at least some years but can only be viewed in winter. Even then some people have climbed over the fences when you are only a few feet away to start with...

Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread