• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Longer strap on EL 8x32 (1 Viewer)

I have a pair of EL 8x32, bought in 2019

I am very happy with them, but would like to carry them “cross body” and the strap is a little shorter than I would like. Do Swarovski offer a longer strap? I find their website unclear on this

thank you in advance.

Thank you both, hoping for an in-house solution but this sounds like the more practical option. Vortex do an “archery” binocular strap which looks like it’ll do the trick.

Maybe the NL strap is a bit longer. They have the same attachments but a different style. I also think the NL strap is nicer than the EL strap.

You might take a look at the Rick Young light weight harness. Check out the video on his website. His harness allows for multiple ways of carrying your binoculars in addition to the traditional on-your-chest position. He also sells a very durable, but expensive, attachment for FP systems.

He even offers a extra long version of this harness.

You might take a look at the Rick Young light weight harness. Check out the video on his website. His harness allows for multiple ways of carrying your binoculars in addition to the traditional on-your-chest position. He also sells a very durable, but expensive, attachment for FP systems.

He even offers a extra long version of this harness.
Don't know if I should be saying this but, with a length of shock-cord and a few plastic fittings, a harness very similar in looks and identical in functionality to the RY can be made in 20 minutes and at a fraction of the cost.

RB

Don't know if I should be saying this but, with a length of shock-cord and a few plastic fittings, a harness very similar in looks and identical in functionality to the RY can be made in 20 minutes and at a fraction of the cost.

RB
Is it worth all the trouble, when there are sites that offer this harness for only $19.99?

I contacted Swarovski and they are sending me adaptor rings and I expect to get the Vortex strap

I would feel too self-conscious using a harness

thank you for the comments and advice

Nik

I contacted Swarovski and they are sending me adaptor rings and I expect to get the Vortex strap

Nik
The Rick Young harness (or DIY derivatives of) can be used in numerous configurations: cross-body, harness, adjustable bungee-type 'strap' and several in between. I use mine exclusively on an 8x32EL and put the Swaro strap in storage.

RB

Nik
Nik,
The Vortex strap is well padded and comfortable, I am using it for several of my binos.
Another strap that I can recommend is the new Zeiss strap, which is quite a bit longer than the older strap---it's too long for my taste but it might be what you have been looking for.
Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back