• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for Colombia cheap tour anytime before June 2014 (1 Viewer)

Jon Gallagher

I'm looking for a cheap tour for the endemics in Colombia anytime in the first half of 2014. Any ideas/recommendations much appreciated, Cheers, Jon

DIY would do. Also depend on what endemics you are looking for.
Check reports on Cloudbirders should give you a good idea of what is possible + prices + guides if you are looking for some.

BirdingPal advertised a very good value trip with one of the local guides last year - could be worth checking if it is running again this year.

Steve

Just checked - nothing until July. $4250 for 21 days with Pablo Flores.

Last edited:
@Temmie: Thanks for the comment about Cloudbirders. Sadly most of those reports are from tour companies, and when I checked they were all in the $4000+ (even $5000+) range. There were a couple of independent reports which were much more interesting, though I'd want a bit more info on security issues...
@Steve: Yes, the BirdingPal info seems to link to Pablo Florez's tours, which are the $4000+ standard.
Still looking!

Thanks for the link to our website Niels, but we operate "regular" and not budget tours really... if you want to do it cheap Jon, you could just check those independent solo-travelers trip reports on cloudbirders...
anyways, best would be teaming up with some more people (to reduce costs) and coming with a local company so you are not worried about any security issues!
diego.

@Niels: Thanks! Have been looking through various local companies but still on the pricey side...
@Diego: Absolutely! I have a plane ticket that needs to be used before the end of May. If you're just looking for a person to fill up a group make me an offer I can't refuse!

@Diego: Absolutely! I have a plane ticket that needs to be used before the end of May. If you're just looking for a person to fill up a group make me an offer I can't refuse!

sorry Jon, we work on a completely customized private scheme for our clients/groups and do not offer joining/mixing people/groups...
good luck!
d.

You could try visiting some of the Pro-aves reserves. Some of them are accessible by public transport and in safe areas, and the forest guards usually know where you can find the main targets so you save on the cost of guides.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back