• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Loon and Warbler help in Dufferin, Ontario (1 Viewer)

chipster454

I'm looking for a little confirmation on a couple of birds I saw this morning. Unfortunately I couldn't get a closer picture of what I believe to be two Common Loons (Pictured behind and to the right of the Swan), nor could I get a second picture of the Warbler. I think the Warbler is an immature Mourning Warbler. Or maybe a Nashville Warbler? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Common Loon (Luther Marsh).JPG
    Common Loon (Luther Marsh).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • Mourning Warbler (Luther Marsh).JPG
    Mourning Warbler (Luther Marsh).JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 53

Butty

1. I see an adult breeding common loon (you really should start calling them great northern divers - it's far more fun) and a grey and white object.
2. Personally, I'd start with common yellowthroat, but I know nothing.

chipster454

1. I see an adult breeding common loon (you really should start calling them great northern divers - it's far more fun) and a grey and white object.
2. Personally, I'd start with common yellowthroat, but I know nothing.
I was also thinking Common Yellowthroat out in the field. Running it through Merlin bird app, didn't suggest that. Warblers are just so quick.

chipster454

I think both non-swans are Common Loons, and the warbler is a Common Yellowthroat.
Thanks for responding. Common Loon is a new life bird for me. I was going to wait them out to see if they would get closer, but they were only moving side to side. As well as diving for food. I am surprised I got as good a picture as I did, as they were so far out there, I couldn't see them with the naked eye. I only saw they were there when I zoomed in to see what kind of swans those were. And general consensus is Common Yellowthroat on the warbler, so I'll go with that.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread