• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lottery Awards- vote for Hen Harrier (1 Viewer)

Vote for the Hen Harrier

I have voted here, Mary, but it may be the same as another form I filled in.

At our Celebratory Event at Sage Gateshead, we invited RSPB to come along and promote the Hen Harrier problems. I took the attached photograph of the three members of staff, together with the Hen Harrier model!

Some years ago, I saw a family of Hen Harriers in Northumberland - a pair with five - yes - five young! I had the privilege of see the male fly. He is magnificent.....silver blue/grey and so elegant.

Thanks everyone, brilliant response; have one on me B :)B :)B :)

Attachments

• Sage Gateshead RSPB_05_FoRK event.jpg
    Sage Gateshead RSPB_05_FoRK event.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
It´s just a thought,how many birders,environmentallists and like minded people are there in the UK?Would they all if they pulled together for one cause make any difference to the political party situation in the UK.It has been 22 years since I lived in the UK so I don´t know the numbers but a campaign along the lined of ¨If you don´t do something for the protection of this and other endangered birds¨we will all vote for another party.It´s just a thought and it is difficult for people to pull together and in one voice but everything is possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back