• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix DMC-FZ82 (FZ80) (1 Viewer)

Carpathian Ed

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ82 (FZ80)? I'm looking to upgrade from/replace my Canon SX 412 is (the single worst camera I have ever owned with the worst autofocus imaginable). I previously had a Canon SX700 Hs which I loved - amazing picture quality and zoom, plus it fit my lifestyle perfectly, but I don't want to go that route again as it had a major design flaw - the lens shutter was too close to the lens and any dust trapped would scratch the lens when it closed or opened.
I have an Olympus micro 3/4 but I keep that for people, snakes, mushrooms, scenery, etc.
I am under budget constraints so i am limited to my choices. Thanks for any help or alternative suggestions

thanks.
it's not very conclusive though. The only photo that really shows its capabilities is the moon shot, which is a definite improvement on my Canon.
If it had a mic jack I'd be sold but I guess I'll keep looking for a superzoom with an external jack

thanks. It's definitely the best superzoom in its price bracket. But after seeing the photos it's still not great. I know it will never be DSLR quality but I just don't know whether it's worth investing almost 300 on an ungrade to what I already have - although just having a decent autofocus might be worth the cost :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back