• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lynx Edicions - What Next ? (1 Viewer)

' photomontages '....Don't like the sound of that very much.
The Tarsier image in the preview reminded me of the Crossley montages, although the baboon picture looked more like a museum exhibit, and just sort of unusually artificial. The whole format of the book seems a bit alien, and really reminds me of the critter books I would see for sale during school book fair days. Can't really tell if I like it or not.

The Tarsier image in the preview reminded me of the Crossley montages, although the baboon picture looked more like a museum exhibit, and just sort of unusually artificial. The whole format of the book seems a bit alien, and really reminds me of the critter books I would see for sale during school book fair days. Can't really tell if I like it or not.
'Critter' ? I hear this word in American TV programmes etc but not quite sure exactly what it means.

Not a fan at all and it looks like it was made on a very tight budget. This makes me worried as it is far below the usual Lynx standards. This is the type of books we can expect from now on?
I doubt it's a new normal; to probably just the authors experimenting with a different style.

There is a new announce at Lynx edicions. The second Spanish edition from Aves de Europa by Peter H. Barthel will be published in May.

There is a new announce at Lynx edicions. The second Spanish edition from Aves de Europa by Peter H. Barthel will be published in May.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the end of major projects now with the new, target audience being the more casual observer, a real pity if so.

Looking at their "coming soon" titles I sadly think you are correct. Coming soon – Lynx Edicions. Beyond disappointing.
You might be right. Playing devil's advocate: It could also be that they have started planning something new that they are just not ready to share yet. That would make sense if the old group had held back for a while due to knowing they were stepping away, and the new group only now getting into negotiations about projects.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back