• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Madagascar October 2012 Plan B (1 Viewer)

kittykat23uk

Hi folks,

Some may recall that I planned to join Pitta Patta and a few others on a birding trip to Madagascar. Well, after a lot of discussion and some comunication issues I decided that the itinerary wasn't right for me and so I have decided to go it alone if need be. That said, I would like to see if another person or persons, ideally a single female like myself, might be willing to share costs - particularly if anyone is going to be in the parks at the same time as me and would like to share guiding fees.

My trip aims to maximise time at the wildlife sites and minimise time driving between them, so the itinerary is pretty much set now and hotels are being booked. The trip will begin on the 21st October and I fly home on the 4th November. I am visiting Andasibe (Indri), Ranomafana and Anja (this latter site is for ring tailed lemurs and sifaka), Isalo/Zombitse and Ifaty and also plan to go to Nosy Ve. With this itinerary I will be taking an internal flight back from Tulear to Tana on the 3rd.

Some exciting news, my guide says if I'm prepared to camp for one night, he has been in touch with one of the park guides who knows a location for Helmet Vanga and Pygmy kingfisher! Something which I didn't think I would have a hope of seeing on this route! :t:

Anyway, with a few days at most sites we should be able to give equal time to seeing the birds and the lemurs, chameloens etc. So if you are interested please let me know and I will send over the detailled itinerary.

Cost PP is coming in around 1250 euro pp plus meals and flights. :t:

All the best

Jo

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back