• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magnolia Warbler? Nashville, TN 5 Sept (1 Viewer)

hamlinjk15u

United States
Are these all Magnolia Warblers? Was about 4 or 5 of them in a few bushes and trees. Unsure if I caught all of them. These were the best shots I could get. Last one is I think no doubt a Magnolia

Attachments

• DSC_0287.JPG
    DSC_0287.JPG
    776.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0272.JPG
    DSC_0272.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0236.JPG
    DSC_0236.JPG
    635.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0230.JPG
    DSC_0230.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0226.JPG
    DSC_0226.JPG
    782.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0221.JPG
    DSC_0221.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0211.JPG
    DSC_0211.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0202.JPG
    DSC_0202.JPG
    437.7 KB · Views: 35
Magnolias have a really good field mark, their 'Tail dipped in ink' pattern, which your photos show nicely.

Magnolias have a really good field mark, their 'Tail dipped in ink' pattern, which your photos show nicely.

Oh good to know! I noticed the slight streaks on the side coupled with the bluish head and back. I never noticed the tail but now i do! This is a lifer for me regardless, but was still hoping to find something else in the middle of all of these, since warblers tend to move in groups of different species

Yep, Magnolia Warblers are the only warbler with this tail pattern (white at front, black at back). It's often the quickest and easiest field mark to see. Congratulations on the lifer!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back