• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Make bins out of scopes (1 Viewer)

Interesting, most of these types of jig are for astro refractors. Wonder if anyone has got one and can offer a review? Getting the eyepieces close enough could be an issue, that is dealt with using erecting mirror systems with astro scopes. Two eyes certainly gives immersive views.

Peter

The version with the STCs looks very cool. I wonder if someone uses it hand-held?...
Swaro could do a binocular with a pair of STCs, with at least central focusing...

A BF Member did this years ago with two Swaro ATS scopes and some kind of bracket. I can't find the thread now. It may well have been over fifteen years ago though.

Thanks Joachim. This evening for fun I tried a DIY version by trying to strap my Meopta (at 30x) with my Kowa TSN 613 (and 30x) together, using s combination of duct tape and 'wiggling'/supporting the second (Kowa) scope with my hand, the Meopta being attached to a tripod. It was fun, and when the two scopes are momentarily 'collimated', the ease of view is spectacular. Oddly my eyes seem to 'merge' the two views together into one, even when they're not exactly co-aligned, as if the brain demands it. Probably not good for the eyes long term.

These two videos are unbelievably vain nonsense. After acouple of minutes I had had enough.
One of them is comparing resolution in heat haze (!!) or at magnifications of 30x or 50x for a BTX85, where he would need in excess of 80x, even with excellent eyesight.
The other has gleaned a 2% transmission difference from Swarovski's specifications and can clearly see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back