• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mallorca, warbler (1 Viewer)

Mike Montier

Apologies again for the poor quality but I don’t get this bird, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 6546E6A8-5245-4F33-90EC-361DED1A5E46.jpeg
    6546E6A8-5245-4F33-90EC-361DED1A5E46.jpeg
    404.2 KB · Views: 157
Sardinian warbler, surely? At this time of year female Subalpine should/would clearly show white eye-ring and moustache. Chin appears to be lighter than chest/belly, which supports Sardinian, rather than Subalpine group.

If you don't mind me asking; what features are you ruling in/ruling out, so I can come to the same consensus?

If you don't mind me asking; what features are you ruling in/ruling out, so I can come to the same consensus?
In such a bad photo it's difficult to point you to specific features: general colour, the eye region pattern (no real eye ring, but a pale one), proportions (including bill), the hint of a pale moustachial, etc. Sardinian is one of the most common garden birds here, I've seen and ringed thousands over decades; Subalpine also abundant inland, I've seen thousands, had hundreds in the hand.

In such a bad photo it's difficult to point you to specific features: general colour, the eye region pattern (no real eye ring, but a pale one), proportions (including bill), the hint of a pale moustachial, etc. Sardinian is one of the most common garden birds here, I've seen and ringed thousands over decades; Subalpine also abundant inland, I've seen thousands, had hundreds in the hand.

Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back