• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malta and hunting policy (1 Viewer)

I would imagine they have no concept of democracy or sustainability, just want what they want 'cos it's 'their right', never mind anyone else's rights and wishes. What are they going to shoot when there's no birds left? Each other perhaps?

Very disappointed although I saw it coming.

It really was very close. Things would have been different if the snobs who think they are above these affairs had voted.

Overall the result shows how primitive and ignorant the majority Maltese population is. I really am ashamed to be living in the same country as these people.

Now we continue to suffer their arrogance and continue to witness them killing everything that flies without consequences since they are above the law. Even today some vehicles in the carcade were playing electronic quail lures which are illegal but no body seems to care.

I don't care what the hunting lobby says but there is no hiding the fact that hunters are a bunch of unethical, leftist, low-class c*nts.

I helped the only way I could. What happens now, can't see this being the end of it. Feeling very peed off. Keep up the good work Birdlife Malta.

Leftist???????

See:-

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/national/51747/live_spring_hunting_referendum_2015#.VSrpwWrTXbN

15:17: A quick look at the figures shows that traditional Labour strongholds – districts 2, 3, 4 and 6 – posted a Yes majority vote. The difference in district 6, which includes Siggiewi, Luqa and Qormi, between the Yes and the No was of 3,684 votes in favour of the Yes. District 10, where the NO vote registered an astounding 12,224 compared with the Yes’s 5,242, recorded the biggest difference so far (7,200 votes).

And many other links substantiating the link between the Labour Party and it's supporters in Malta and hunting.

Gladiator96 - Fatal Flight referred to traditional links between hunting and the church. Have these now faded?

All the best

Last edited:
Disgrace ............. another backward step, 50% of the population must be "primatives"

If you are Maltese you should be ashamed for your country

I will continue to boycott Malta in every way that I can ..... and explain to anyone who mentions going on holiday there what is happening.

They should be kicked out of the EU ........

Gladiator96 - Fatal Flight referred to traditional links between hunting and the church. Have these now faded?

Fatal flight is an out dated book. The church is not even close to being powerful and influential as it once was. The current archbishop has taken a very public stance against hunting anyway.

In other news:
http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...-to-be-arraigned.564114#.VS4yMINLxsg.facebook

The population gives them a privilege, and they abuse it :C. Let's hope the PM keeps his word.

Fatal flight is an out dated book. The church is not even close to being powerful and influential as it once was. The current archbishop has taken a very public stance against hunting anyway.

In other news:
http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...-to-be-arraigned.564114#.VS4yMINLxsg.facebook

The population gives them a privilege, and they abuse it :C. Let's hope the PM keeps his word.

In the first video you can hear birds chirping away in the background, almost as if to spite him!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back